Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sponsor my NMT Big Day!


This Sunday I'm doing another Big Day, this time all by bike! Please support my Baillie Birdathon by donating at the following link. You can either pledge per species or a flat rate. The proceeds will go to both the Baillie Fund and the Vaseux Lake Bird Observatory (which could use some extra $ thanks to government cutbacks to the Canadian Wildlife Service!)

http://www.bsc-eoc.org/support/birdathon/index.jsp?targetpg=donate&=EN&number=36054

Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I will be in Vancouver Island from may 28 to june 6 visiting my son. I am from Toronto, Ontario. Can you suggest a few birding spots I can visit and is there someone I might meet to go for a walk? I am just a year into the birding world and it is great. This site is great. Thanks for that.
    alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex,

    Vancouver Island is indeed a great place to go birding. "Where to go" depends on where you plan to be of course. Will you be around Victoria, or Nanaimo, are you keen to head to the outer coast? Obviously I can't give out other people's contact info on this forum post so please send me an email at: russellcannings@shaw.ca

    Thanks for the comments. In case I can't respond to you immediately since I'll be on the road for the next little while, I would recommend the following locations:

    Victoria-- Clover Point, Blenkinsop Lake, Mt. Tolmie, Esquimalt Lagoon, Witty's Lagoon

    Nanaimo area-- Piper's Lagoon, Rathtrevor Park and Englishman River Estuary (Parksville area)

    Tofino is also a fantastic place to explore

    Cheers,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete