Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a trip!!!

Kevin and I just got back from a whirl-wind road trip that took us from Osoyoos up to Williams Lake, then down the Fraser Canyon to Ladner, BC and back up to the Okanagan this evening! Obviously lots of birds and birders were encountered so when I wake up tomorrow morning I will get to posting some new stories and photos!!!

In the meantime, here's a couple nice shots from the trip: (White-throated Sparrow at Desert Cove/Okanagan Landing, Barn Owl near Reifel at 3am. Sandhill Crane in Reifel Refuge, and another poor shot of the LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (this time he was close BUT sleeping!).



2 comments:

  1. Hey Russel my name is Brian McKinney and I am one of the Managers here at Hells Gate Airtram in the Fraser Canyon. We received a Google Alert because of your mentioning of the Fraser Canyon. Anyway the reason for my leaving a note on your blog if you don't mind is because of a comment that was given to me last summer by a guest who visited our attraction. He approached me and explained to me that he was an avid bird watcher and that he had spent 6 hours at our attraction during which time he counted over 60 species of birds !!!! Anyway just an fyi for you if you want to drop by for a visit this spring or summer. For more information you can visit our website at www.hellsgateairtram.com or drop me a line at brian@hellsgateairtram.com. Good luck on your quest !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian!

    I've passed by your area in the day and what a sight indeed! Obviously I would prefer a daytime visit next time and I don't doubt that the canyon can act like a funnel for all sorts of great stuff.

    All the best,

    RUSS

    ReplyDelete