Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 9: Search for scoters

Today I headed to my old stomping grounds in Kits hoping to find White-winged and Black Scoters. After an hour of getting absolutely drenched in cold rain along windy Locarno Beach it suddenly dawned on me that I was trying waaay to hard to find birds I could easily see elsewhere. I decided to call it a day, and headed back to the dry Okanagan! The only new bird today was SANDERLING (a flock flew by offshore while I scoped through hundreds of Surf Scoters.

So a great coast trip, as I got all of my main targets. I guess I've left a few easy ones behind... something to do next time! Some common birds I'll need to grab on my next visit: 2 scoters, bushtit, chestnut-backed chickadee, band-tailed pigeon, anna's hummingbird, and harlequin duck (too name a few)

No comments:

Post a Comment